2 ingredient pancakes? Could such goodness exist?! Ok, I am in no way claiming that these are the healthiest things you could eat for breakfast. However, if you are a breakfast lover like I am, but feel like you can’t always indulge in the “fun” breakfast foods, this could be a great option for you! (Woah woah woah, FOUR EGGS?! Better than flour, sugar, butter, heavy cream, oil, box mix…shall I continue?)
Make sure you put plenty of whatever form of non-stick you use on your pan between each “batch.” If not, these can get quite messy and hard to flip! If you are looking for a *healthier* option to butter or regular non-stick spray, you can use Ghee (clarified butter) as a great alternative.
If you expect these pancakes to be the same consistency as a box of Bisquicks – think again. These pancakes will be more of the consistency of a crepe…maybe even more like an omelette. But with the right combo of “add-ins,” they can be very comparable to the taste of regular pancakes.
I added blueberries to my banana pancakes and it made a really nice “sauce” that made it a lot easier to pass up on the syrup. Also, when making the pancakes (since most of the time they are thin), you can put your favorite spread in between (like peanut butter or nutella) and have a nice little batch of pancake roll ups as pictured in option 2! Cinnamon also makes a great addition to the batter if you want a little spin on regular pancakes.
- 2 Large Bananas
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Mash bananas until they create a “paste.”
- Add in 4 eggs. Beat until combined.
- Optional: if you want to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla or any other “add-ins” like cinnamon or blueberries, now’s the time!
- Make sure to spray your pan really well – put ¼ of batter in the pan at a time (they will run together at first if you put too much). Cook over medium heat.
- If you are going to be making pancake roll-ups I would set them aside on a plate to let cool for a minute. Add spread, then roll-up!
- Enjoy your guilt free pancakes!