I know what you’re thinking…another pancake recipe?
Yes. Yes, another pancake recipe because OMG THESE ARE DELICIOUS AND GUILT FREE. Only “real” ingredients here!
The first time I made this recipe my brother walked into the kitchen and asked if I was making French toast. It made the house smell heavenly and the taste is ON POINT. I can only imagine how perfect these would be in the fall! Yum!
- 1 Medium Apple (whatever kind you like, although I prefer the sweetness of a honeycrisp…)
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Note: you will need a food processor for this recipe.
- Peel sweet potato. Throw it in the food processor to shred it. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Core your apple, slice it, and throw it in the food processor to shred as well.
- Mix sweet potato, shredded apple, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and cinnamon (to taste) in bowl until combined.
- Make sure to spray your pan! This “batter” will not be runny – so form a little patty however you want and place in the skillet on medium heat. (Maybe these should actually be called Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Hashbrowns? Idk guys…)
- Flip when one side is golden brown.
- These “cakes” are delicious by themselves, but I will not lie…syrup makes for a great addition to these babies. Enjoy how you desire!