Most of my meals involve chicken in some form or another, so this week I wanted to try something a little different. This tahini power bowl ended up being one of the easiest and quickest meal preps I’ve ever done! Plus, it’s a good way of getting in some very essential nutrients at lunch time.
Side note: I bought my black beans in a can instead of soaking them myself (just for time reasons). But, I did make sure I got a brand that had no added salt.
Since this recipe doesn’t really involve cooking or combining things together like traditional recipes do, the steps will be the order and process I used for each “ingredient.”
Makes 5 servings. Macros per serving = 34 carb / 5 fat / 9 protein.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 14.75 oz can black beans
- 1/4 cup tahini sauce
- 1/2 lime
- Optional: Franks Hot Sauce
- Sweet Potatoes – Peel and rinse your sweet potatoes. Poke some holes in each with a fork, and wrap them in a wet paper towel. Put each in the microwave for 3 minutes – (just enough to soften and make them easier to cube). Cut into chunks and put in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Brussels Sprouts – Cut off stems and cut into quarters. Rinse and cook on stove (in cast iron skillet if you have one) with a little bacon grease. Cook until crispy or slightly brown.
- Beans – Again, mine came from a can so I put them in a strainer and rinsed them until all the bean goo was gone! (Since I throw my meal prep in the microwave everyday before eating I did nothing to the beans to “cook” them because they will be heated when I eat my bowl).
- Tahini Sauce – Combine 1/4 cup of tahini sauce with the juice from 1/2 lime. Add a little water because it will probably be a bit more like hummus than sauce without it. Add until you get the consistency you want!
- I threw all of my ingredients into my Fitpacker containers and topped them off with a drizzle of Franks Red Hot – Original (because #heat). I put my tahini sauce in separate little containers so it can be poured over the top after I’m done heating my container of yummies every day.
Let me know what you think!