- You will need a food processor for this recipe. (If you do not have a food processor I would try using a blender.)
- Do not skimp on the cheese in the crust, it acts as a binder and if you don’t use enough the crust will not stay together as well!
- I always make my own red sauce instead of buying from the store because that way I know I am cutting down on excess sugar that is in premade sauces. I use a little tomato paste, a can of tomato sauce, garlic, sautéed onions and my favorite kind of Italian seasoning.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Red sauce (homemade or store bought – your choice)
- Whatever spices you prefer to use for Italian dishes
- Whatever toppings you want on your pizza (shown: buffalo chicken, banana peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato, onion…but I literally make it with different toppings every time. The possibilities are endless!)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. (Yes, really.)
- Put cauliflower through the food processor until it is the consistency of rice.
- Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes. When it is done cooking, put the cauliflower on a thin cloth (cheese cloth works best) and twist out the excess water. Put the drained cauliflower “ball” in a bowl.
- Next you will combine the cauliflower, 1 egg, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, and your Italian spices.
- Press the cauliflower crust out onto a pizza stone into whatever shape you would like. Cook at 500 degrees for 20 minutes (until golden brown).
- Once the crust is out of the oven, add the red sauce, remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and whatever toppings you have chosen! Return to the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Wahlah! Remove from the oven, slice into pieces and enjoy!
What toppings to do you think you are going to play around with? Take a pic and tag us on instagram at @live.wonderfull and #choosetolivewonderfull – we want to see your pizza creations! 🙂