- 3 red peppers, cut in half
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- diced tomatoes (as desired)
- mix of chopped green and red peppers (amount as desired)
- 3 slices of diced salami or pepperoni
- Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pasta sauce of your choice (we used Kroger brand tomato basil pasta sauce)
- Optional: parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- While oven is heating, brown the ground beef, onions, green and red peppers, and garlic. When the mix is almost done, add in the diced tomatoes, salami / pepperoni, and Italian seasoning, cooking until meat is completely browned.
- Cut the red peppers in half, removing the stem and seeds.
- Add pasta sauce to the meat mixture and stir.
- Arrange red pepper halves on baking sheet and fill with ground beef pizza filling.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Optionally, remove after 30 mins and sprinkle your preferred Italian cheese over each pepper half, cooking for an additional 5 minutes or util melted.
- Dig in on this Friday night pizza night!
Okay so real talk, between these Pizza Stuffed Peppers and our Cauliflower Pizza, which is your fave?