- 12 shirts
- 8 bottoms
- 5 shoes
- 4 dresses / rompers
- 2 jackets / “toppers”
Dresses / Rompers
Jackets / Toppers
Now go make it your own!
- My list is a little more skewed towards shoes because my shoe closet is seriously lacking (as previously mentioned). If there is a type of item you don’t wear (i.e. dresses) or a category where you have enough options (i.e. shoes), you can take that allotted number items and reallocate to a different category.
- I pretty much don’t wear shorts. Like, ever. So I included 1 pair of jean shorts and 1 pair of lighter shorts here because I can see them being effortlessly included into a summer wardrobe…but if you wear shorts regularly, just sub out a pair of jeans or a skirt for an additional pair of shorts.
- It’s also rare that I wear dresses. I don’t know why. I go through seasons where I think I’m going to start wearing them more often so I buy a bunch of cute option…then I’m uncomfortable every time I wear them. So they get pushed to the back of the closet, only worn once. Need to get better about that! I included 4 dresses because I think they are versatile for a lot of people, and if I wore dresses, these are the ones I’d want.
- There are WAY more fun pants to wear in the summer than any other season. Breezy fabrics, cool patterns, loose styles, etc…HOWEVER, for me that is not practical and I wouldn’t get enough wears out of them.
- I tried to pick items that would either not show sweat or strategically hide it. #sweatlife
- I chose a neutral + nautical theme because even though there are florals ALL over the place this year, it’s so easy to look put together anywhere you go in the summer with this color palette. Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, BBQ’s and everything in between – you’re set! Blues, whites, grey, some olive, and pops of red = classic.
- The nice thing about summer is that it feels like you get more options because you don’t have to use as many tops on layering pieces. However, the downfall of that is that there is typically not as much mixing and matching, depending on how hot it is, so you *may* feel like your outfits aren’t as creative.
- Capsules don’t include workout gear (THANK GOODNESS – I need way too many pairs of lulu’s for that).